PRP for Hair Restoration at Beautiful Orlando Medical Spa - How does it work?
The PRP Procedure
PRP stands for “platelet-rich plasma.” The procedure consists of drawing your own blood, usually from your arm, spinning it down into three layers in a centrifuge, and injecting only the best plasma rich in platelets into your scalp. If you can get routine blood tests done by your doctor and you are immunized regularly, PRP treatment won’t be too different from what you are already used to.
How PRP Therapy Works
The platelet-rich plasma that is injected into your scalp works to heal affected areas and stimulate reparative cells through the use of growth factors. Growth factors promote the formation of substances like collagen, which is also used in anti-aging serums. This, in turn, will likely show signs of the regrow of your hair. It’s an all-natural formula, so you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals.
The Benefits of PRP Therapy Over Time
The PRP procedure comes in more than one dose. It is a series of injections carried out over a period of weeks and redone over several months, so you will begin to see changes as you progress through the treatment. What you may notice are as follows:
- Your hair may become thicker and denser in the problem areas being treating
- The appearance of balding and thinning spots may be reversed
- Your receding hairline may begin to grow back in
- Your self-confidence will increase gradually as those problem areas may seem to disappear
Who Does PRP Therapy Benefit the Most?
Although PRP for hair procedures can help a wide array of patients with different hair loss related conditions, there are a few groups that have been more widely studied and have noticed the best and most effective results. These groups are the following:
- Those suffering from androgenic alopecia. This condition is also known as male/female pattern baldness. Women can also experience hair loss and can be treated alongside men.
- Those suffering from more recent hair loss. This is because the longer your condition persists, the less likely it is that treatment will work, though it may still produce some beneficial results.
How to Achieve Positive Results from PRP Hair Restoration
Although it is never a guarantee that you will qualify for this procedure, you should talk it over with a certified Physician to determine whether PRP therapy is the right choice for you. If it is decided that you are a prime candidate for the procedure, then you should expect to go through this regimen:
- Four PRP injections over a period of four to six weeks
- Regular maintenance injections every four to six months
If you follow these appointments and stick with the procedure, you may notice some positive results that will leave you feeling confident and happy again.
Please note: PRP needs to be done by a licensed, board certified physician. These are not at-home treatments, rather, you need a trusted doctor to work with.
Where to Go for Treatment
If you feel that you are ready to pursue treatment options for hair loss and skin rejuvenation, then you need to know that you can trust the physician who will be going through the procedure with you. For those of you in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Lake Nona areas, you should consider making an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Sabharwal and staff at Beautiful Orlando Medical Spa. Give us a call today at (407)766-6080.