About MicroNeedling with Hydrapen
Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, is one of the most effective ways to kick-start the body’s own anti-aging process. Dr. Sabharwal's team in Kissimmee, FL uses a sterile tool to create tiny punctures in the skin, stimulating the body to heal and repair itself. This strengthens the epidermis, which prevents and reverses signs of aging. As your skin heals it produces more collagen, strengthens, lifts, and is primed to absorb all the benefits of your advanced skin care regimen. Microneedling is a quick and virtually painless procedure that will give you smoother, firmer, younger, more vibrant skin and erase years from your appearance.
Benefits of Microneedling
- Diminishes fine lines, deep wrinkles on forehead, smoker’s mouth, and acne scars
- Tightens sagging skin
- Shrinks pores
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Remodels surgical, injury, and burn scars
- Increases effectiveness of skincare products
"Great service! Amazing staff and very caring medical doctor. Highly recommend the spa and the doctor for your medical needs."- R.S. / Facebook / Mar 11, 2017
"Muy profesionales! buen trato y buenos precios, me gusto mucho, volvere 😀 Lo recomiendo."- S.D. / Google / Mar 12, 2020
"I recommend it because the treatment is effective and the staff treats you with kindness and respect."- M.R. / Facebook / Jan 01, 2022
"very good service and very good results"- I.C. / Facebook / Jan 01, 2022
"So happy they do a halo treatment my on skins looks amazing no more dark spot😍 💯 recommend"- E.G. / Google / Apr 21, 2021
How is the Procedure Done?
First, the area being treated is thoroughly cleansed topically. Once the skin is completely clean, the Hydrapen (a medical aesthetic device that looks like a large pen with fine needles on the tip) is gently swept over the area, creating minute holes in the tissue. This pen-like device has a plastic handle with the cartridge. The number of needles in the cartridge unit is 12 pcs. When the device is turned on, the needles in the cartridge begin the reciprocating motion with a frequency of 3000 punctures/min to 5500 punctures/min. Due to this motion, little punctures in the skin are evenly distributed. Through the punctures, the drug penetrates into the deep layers of the skin which leads to the activation process in the skin. Moreover, skin injury activates enhanced skin regeneration and renewal; hence, the lifting and smoothing effects are achieved.
Hydra Pen microneedles produce microdamage to the epidermis, which leads to the production of collagen and elastin and enhances cellular renewal. The needles form channels in the skin, which provides the penetration of more than 80% of the product into the skin (with the regular application, only 3-5% of the product is absorbed), this nourishes the skin cells with the necessary substances for its beauty.
Hydra Pen in combination with PRP can improve skin tone, get rid of pigmentation and shrink skin pores.Hydra Pen helps to cope with a variety of skin problems. The usage of Hydra Pen is effective in the treatment of wrinkles, scars, post-acne and stretch marks. During the procedure, channels are formed on the skin, which provides the penetration of Platelet Rich Plasma by 80%. After recovery, the result of the procedure lasts for a long time.
The body’s natural response is to heal itself by sending fibroblasts to the area. Fibroblasts are the cells that lay down building materials for stronger and healthier connective tissue. Cell turnover, collagen production, and elastin production increase and reverse the effects of time and environmental damage to the skin.
Microneedling with the Hydrapen and PRP is really only the first part of the treatment. It is very important that you use high quality skin care for the following several days after the procedure. Your tissue is open and like a sponge and absorbs everything that you put on it for the next 3 days. No over the counter products; use only the products you and your physician have discussed.
How Often Should I Get This Treatment?
Depending on the health of your skin and your goals, Dr. Sabharwal's team located in Kissimmee, FL recommends that you do a series of 3 to 6 microneedling treatments every 4 to 6 weeks. It is also extremely important to use high quality skin care during and after your treatment.
Considerations – Contraindictions
- Psoriasis (active or inactive)
- Chemotherapy/ radiation treatment within the last 6 months
- Photosensitivity medications
- Accutane within last 12 months
- Avoid Botox, or fillers such as Juvederm for the last 2 weeks
- Blood thinners within last 2 weeks
- Retinal /Rentin A within last month
- Active Herpes (if you have a history of cold sores, please take an antiviral 2 days prior to and day of treatment)
- Avoid alcohol 2 days prior to treatment
- Prepare for treatment with high quality skin care products 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for 7 days prior (on area to be treated)
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior (on area to be treated).
Pre-care day of Treatment
- No shaving the treatment area the day of the procedure
- Arrive with clean, bare skin. Omit lotions, creams, or makeup in the area to be treated.
- Use an antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if you have a history of cold sores
- Treatment denied for: active cold sores, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburn, excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the application area.
- ALWAYS use SUNSCREEN after treatment.
- For 10 days after treatment you may experience swelling, redness, and slight peeling. Your skin will look like you experienced a bad sunburn. Use only the products recommended by your physician.
- No sun exposure & no tanning beds (for 3 days after treatment)
- No sweating (for 3 days after treatment)